Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Awaiting New Receiver

Well, Thanks to my friend and fellow home theater enthusiast Andy for informing me of the Saturday sales that Newegg seems to be having lately. I missed out the first time Andy told me about the Yamaha receivers on sale at Newegg, but this time I scored a new 2009 model Yamaha RXV-765 for $399, what a great bargain for a receiver with a suggested retail of $649 and a street price of $599. Some may notice that this is the same receiver I was amazed to hear sounded so good at only 25 lbs of weight. I opted for the RXV-765 rather than the RXV-1065 for $200 more because I am not so concerned with the power of the 765 being 95 watts/channel and the 1065 being 105 watts/channel because I am going to go with the separate Emotiva three channel amp when I can afford it. It was primarily the features of the 765 and 1065 that got me to consider the Yamaha, and at $399 I don't think I could have made a better choice.

The differences in the 765 and the 1065 are 10 watts of power per channel and HD radio tuner, which I kind of wanted, but not for an extra $200. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new receiver, and can't wait to watch some of the new movies that have come out, as I have been without a receiver for what seems like an eternity. I will be posting a full review and comparison to my old HK once I have some time to break in the new receiver and have a thorough listen. Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Its a good product and also its power consumption also less. In Different way Speakers, surround speakers and woofers has power consumption ratio is more then the receiver.

    Home Theater Store

    ReplyDelete